03 June 2008

Hockey

This year has been tough in some ways, because we do not have all the things we had back home in Canada. For example, we do not have all the computer games we had in Canada, and we also had to pack many of our possessions in boxes to store for ten months. This can sometimes make it a little boring. One of the things that I miss the most is hockey. Here hockey isn’t one of the sports you can watch on TV, unless you get a special channel package. To ease the suffering a bit, my family and I started a NHL hockey pool in early February.

This was the way we did it: I printed out some charts of which players were leading in each category we were including (Goals, Assists, Points, +/-, GAA, Save %), and we took turns picking players. In the end I won the Goals, Assists, Points and Save % categories, and Meghan won the +/- and GAA categories.

Right now we are near the end of the NHL playoffs, for which we started a new pool. I can’t wait for October in Canada, when I will hopefully be able to watch hockey again. Until then wish me luck in our pool!

No comments: