25 October 2007

Our ensemble music lesson: October 10, 2007


Cameron writes...

On Wednesday the 10th October, Meghan and I had our first group music lesson, our last lesson in the first trimester. There were five other kids there. Four were drummers, and one was a guitarist. There was supposed to be another guitar player but he didn’t show up. My guitar teacher gave us the notes for the song we were going to play while we were waiting for the other “band members” to arrive. The song was from the 80’s or 70’s, and was called Owner of a Lonely Heart, by the band Yes.

When we got there, there were already two people, who I later found out were named Arthur and Adrien. Arthur was a drummer and Adrien was a guitarist like me. When the three other got there, we split off into two groups: drummers, and guitarists and pianist. I quickly learned the notes, as they were quite easy, so my teacher (who was in charge of the group) told Adrien and me to try and play along with Meghan and went to talk with the drummers. We had it down a few minutes later.

When the teacher came in, he listened, and said it was time to go and play with the drummers. When we walked into the drummers’ room I put my guitar on a stand, plugged it in and tested it out, it was great to finally play with an amp there! From there on in we had lots of fun playing together, and it sounded great. I was really glad I had joined that group. I was actually quite disappointed that I would have to miss music while travelling. I can’t wait until December 12th when I can play again.


No comments: